Comfy Home for Living, STR, SoHo 2K sq ft 5 levels twin property
Excellent location ready to renew for living, STR (short term rentals) or SOHO
Surrounded by nature, commerce and main highways, but at the same time hidden from traffic and noise, that's Nuevo Country neighborhood for you, just by Antigua Country one of the most exclusive of the area. Unique 5 level layout makes for interesting uses while it gets its turn to be developed further.
Back patio was originally open and probably full width, got divided and currently left side works as a sunroom (beyond the dinning room) and right side is the open patio, with separate elevated backroom with private bathroom for service, storage, small studio, pet room, etc. It has a front-facing open basement, in brick, expandable under the front parking spot, basements are rare around here. This for basement and main level, 1 and 2 respectively.
First levels are quite interesting while the upper ones are more predictable but is notable the excellent use of the space for the bedrooms. Starting with the front facing living room, big windows get all the morning light at level 3. Above we find the main rooms hall with the biggest bedroom in the house, with private bathroom; the secondary is about the size of the top one, not small, but no bath.
Upward you'll find the open studio space with excellent custom made furniture fits 2 people easily. And lastly in the topmost level the main room by position and amenities, original and secondary modern closet, bathroom with access to the roof and water tanks, and that small room connected by that half door by the window, don't be deceived, its a full height space and could have a lot of uses.
Uses and development
- Original one would be living, mom pop and 3 kids fit comfortably, with plenty of space for game room, home theater, indoor and outdoor gardening etc. Close to top schools, fresh produce, minimarts and food variety; less than 1Km away from the Country Club. Common zone security.
- We'd pick this one as out SOHO type headquarters in a heartbeat, allows separation between living quarters above and common areas below.
- Plenty of bathrooms also allow Short term rental or co-working developments.
- Whole roof is nice for solar implementation, space for batts, etc. Also water harvesting and reuse should be easy. This is critical as you'll see in the cons.
- Future development is the usual, turn it into a 5 floor condo, its width is adequate, but it would be awesome to have the other twin too for that type of development.
Having that many bathrooms necessarily make them a bit small although not cramped. Finish and vibe is definitely early 70's vintage, some like it some don't, unless planning a long stay or high level STR, is not worth remodeling baths and kitchen. That applies in general to deep remodels, most likely future use will be a new construction so those remodels will not add much valuation. Privileged location comes with stratum 5 and utility bills are step, high water and electricity uses need to be carefully studied and that's when solar and water reclamation pays itself easily as it can also be reused by the next owner and project.
Owners planning to migrate to Spain!
One of the reasons for the awesome price of this property is the owners intention to emigrate to Spain. If you have semirural property that you might want to trade around Barcelona, Valencia, Murcia, let us know.
- Neighborhoods: Contador
Ask an Agent About This Home
- Secondary School: Colegio HaPe
- Elementary School: Jardín Montessori Planet
- High School: Instituto Pedagógico Nacional
This House type property is located in the neighborhood Contador in Bogota city, is categorized as a local socioeconomic stratum of 5 in a 1 to 6 scale. Is currently For sale and has been listed on realty.arcadia.global. This property is valued at $235,000.00, with about 2000 sq ft giving a price per area unit of $117.00. It has 4 beds bedrooms, 4 baths bathrooms, and with . The property was built around 1970.